SCOPE: Perform duties to facilitate accounts payable and accounts receivable processes, with focus on details and good conceptual understanding of complex accounting system structures. Assist in workpaper preparation for annual audit..
• Responsible for accounts receivable and/or accounts payable procedures, ensuring that all transactions are processed in keeping with established procedures and audit requirements.
• Assist with various accounting responsibilities including monthly and annual entries, adjustments and reconciliations of accounts.
• For accounts payable, receive, review and process invoices and requests for reimbursement, ensuring inclusion of required receipts, authorizations and compliance with organizational policies.
• For accounts receivable, ensure that donations are processed in keeping with established procedures and audit requirements.
• Provide initial review and approval of field-engaged journals.
• Prepare worksheets and provide information as requested for internal and external audits.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
• Attend and participate in a variety of meetings and task force groups as directed and maintain required level of knowledge pertaining to operating procedures, requirements, processes and policies.
• Lead and or participate in projects or task force groups which focus on issues having organization wide impact.
• Perform or assist with any assignments as required or directed.
This job operates in a professional office environment.
Occasional exertion up to 20 pounds, lifting a box of paper, moving chairs, tables and sliding doors.
• Strong faith in Jesus Christ as Savior; God honoring lifestyle.
• Passion for the Word of God and provision of the Word for every people group.
• Championing Seed Company’s vision, mission, and values.
• Requires equivalent to a two-year college education with emphasis in Accounting, Finance or Business.
• Requires a minimum of 3 years of experience in Accounting and knowledge of accounting software and Microsoft Excel. (If a recent college graduate with a degree in Accounting, the 3 years may be waived.)