This position assists the Human Resources Manager in all aspects of Human Resources.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Creates and opens job posting on Paycom as well as outside websites
- Processes and tracks personnel requisitions
- Screens applications
- Schedules skills testing and interviews
- Communicates with candidates, hiring managers, recruiters and job boards
- Completes hiring process by adding new hire information to Paycom
- Conducts orientation
- Compiles payroll data such as hours worked, taxes, insurance, etc.
- Computes wages and deductions and posts to payroll records
- Reviews wages computed and corrects errors to ensure accuracy of payroll
- Records changes affecting net wages such as exemptions, and insurance coverage for each employee
- Records data concerning transfer of employees between departments
- Prorates expenses to be debited or credited to each department for cost accounting records
- Prepares periodic reports of earnings, taxes and deductions
- Keeps records and track vacation and sick time
- Reconciling payroll to the GL
- Distributes information on and explains benefit programs such as 403(b)(9), health, dental, ancillary products, FMLA, and workers’ compensation plans to employees and dependents
- Verifies and completes benefit enrollment forms
- Reviews reports & billing invoices from plan providers to verify accuracy and resolve differences
- Enters benefit related data into computerized HRIS “Paycom”
- Sends enrollment information and payment to benefit plan providers and other plan administrators
- Calculates amount of employees’ paycheck deductions for benefits and resolve discrepancies
- Produces reports of benefit enrollment, benefit deductions, and plan participation
- Assists with projects, production, record keeping, and report preparation
- Assists in maintaining job descriptions and employee handbook
- Prepares purchase orders upon request (PO’s and check requests)
- Continually updating departmental & company procedures and policies
- Maintains filing systems
- Contributes to the success of the team by accepting additional assignments or responsibilities
- Helps with employee event planning
- Occasional out of office errands
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Professional and warm communication with a variety of people via phone, email and in person
- Typing skills – 45 words per minute
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Computer skills – Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Knowledge of social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, etc)
- Listening and comprehension skills
- Strong administration skills
- A high level of confidentiality
- Prior experience working with events helpful
- Ability to work in self-directed setting
- Ability to follow orders
- Experience with payroll software preferred
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and 2 years’ experience specializing in Human Resources or equivalent job role in Payroll or Compensation and Benefits.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one situations to co-workers.
- Ability to understand and carry out written, verbal, and/or demonstrated instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Work alone and as part of a team.
- Perform repetitive work.
- Be vigilant and concentrate.
- Work overtime.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Physical activity includes, but is not limited to: opening, pulling, pushing, reaching above shoulder, reaching below waist, reaching waist to shoulder; repetitive motion wrist, hands, arms, and/or fingers when using computer; stand, walk, stoop or kneel.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit much of the day. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and ability to focus.
How To Apply
Thank you for showing interest in our job openings!
As a reminder, in order to be considered for a position with our organization, you must complete an online application through our website http://lifetoday.org/about-life/job-opportunities/. If you have not done so already, please take a moment to submit this application.
Simply click on the job title for which you care to apply and a new window will open containing a job description and application.
Thank you and God bless!