** 1-yr contract w/renewal potential ** US citizens only **
The Deburr Production Associate will be part of a team that performs such typical finishing operations as drilling, tapping, breaking edges, finishing threads, grinding, deburring, polishing, chamfering and blending surfaces to facilitate the completion of precision machined parts per engineering requirements.
** Note: This position can expect to train on 1st shift (4 – 12 weeks) then will move to 2nd shift 2p-10:30p ** Must be open to any shift 1st, 2nd or 3rd
** U.S. citizenship required **
Deburr Production Associate Roles and Responsibilities include:
- High attention to detail in personal work as well as fellow team member’s work
- Changing and improving processes to increase productivity and competitiveness
- Meeting cost & schedule commitments while maintaining the utmost standards for quality
- Performing minor maintenance of equipment
Deburr Production Associate Required Skills:
· Able to read and interpret engineering drawings and basic knowledge of GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing).
· Aptitude to work safely with X-Acto knives, and power deburr tools.
· Highly skilled with removing burrs without damaging part surfaces, dimensions.
· Ability to perform deburr under magnification using mag lights and microscopes.
· Able to perform repetitive tasks.
· Propensity to perform in-process inspection using go/no go tread gages and Deltronic pins.
· Must be able to read and write legibly and maintain accurate records
· Proficient/superb hand skills together with a good eye for detail to ensure all components meet the quality requirements
· Experience in a fast-paced shop environment supporting multiple priorities
· Excellent hand / finger dexterity and extreme attention to detail.
· Effective time management skills are a must.
· 4 plus years of experience in a lean manufacturing environment
· Ability to regularly lift up to 28 pounds
· Required U.S. Citizenship
Deburr Production Associate Desired Skills:
- 6 years’ experience in mechanical assembly environment, performing drilling, tapping and deburring on precision machined parts.
- Experience using drill presses, drill jigs and knowledge of vibratory deburr.
- Knowledge of standard continuous improvement tools such as Kaizen/6 sigma, 5S, Successive verification, Pull Systems, etc.
- Ability to obtain a DoD Secret security clearance
Deburr Production Associate Required Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
Benefits: Salary $18-$21 per hour’
Work Location: 6000 Lemmon Avenue Dallas, TX – 75209