The Assistant Mail Operations Manager will help in overseeing the day-to-day activities of the mail operations departments*, ensuring that the departments are performing efficiently and effectively.
*Incoming Mail, Mail Center, Inventory Control & Customer Service
- Participates in the hiring and training of departmental staff.
- Organizes and oversees the workflow and schedules of departments.
- Ensures that performance evaluations are timely and constructive.
- Assists with handling of discipline and termination of employees as needed and in accordance with company policy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Sets measurable goals and develop Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) by which efficiency and effectiveness can be evaluated; identifies opportunities for improvement.
- Improves customer service and satisfaction through policy and procedural changes to enhance donor communication.
- Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates department procedures.
- Assists in implementing policies and procedures that will improve day-to-day operations.
- Ensures work environments are safe and adequate.
- Communicates and explains new directives, policies, or procedures to department leaders; for major changes, meets with entire mail operations staff to explain changes, answer questions, and maintain morale.
- Oversees the process of ordering departmental supplies.
- Leads coordination and integration of efforts among operations, engineering, technology, and customer service divisions to produce smoother workflow and more cost-effective business processes.
- Plans, directs, implements, evaluates, monitors, and forecasts communication re: donor fulfillment.
- Reviews printed and electronic material for continuity and compliance with established guidelines for, but not limited to; ask amounts, fair market value, disclaimers and branding.
- Assists in coordinating and determining quantity of product needed for each appeal and TV Program offer.
- Confirms coordination of supplies needed for projects and delivery dates.
- Maintains ministry archives of all products & special printing projects.
- Projects a positive image of the organization to employees, donors, vendors, and community.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Actively takes part in reviewing printed and electronic material for continuity and compliance with established guidelines for, but not limited to; ask amounts, fair market value, disclaimers and branding.
- Reviews department production reports to inform other departments of project status.
- Prepares operational schedules to ensure production schedules are met.
- Monitors postal regulations as they apply to ministry mailings.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
- Must possess the ability to respond professionally when under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Thorough understanding of practices, theories, and policies involved in business and finance.
- Superior verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Superior managerial and diplomacy skills.
- Extremely proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
Extensive and diversified background with at least 10 years of related experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one situations to co-workers.
- Understand and carry out written, verbal, and/or demonstrated instructions
- Handle conflict resolution
- Work alone as well as part of a team
- Perform repetitive work
- Be vigilant and concentrate
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- Physical activities include, but are not limited to, opening, pulling, pushing, reaching above shoulder, reaching below waist, reaching waist to shoulder; repetitive motion wrist, hands, arms, and/or fingers when using computer; standing, walking, stooping, and kneeling.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- The individual must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include near and far-sited vision, as well as peripheral vision and the ability to focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job:
- Individual will occasionally be exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
How To Apply
Thank you for showing interest in our job openings!
As a reminder, in order to be considered for a position with our organization, you must complete an online application through our website http://lifetoday.org/about-life/job-opportunities/. If you have not done so already, please take a moment to submit this application.
Simply click on the job title for which you care to apply and a new window will open containing a job description and application.
Thank you and God bless!