Daystar is seeking an Entry Level IT position to fulfill in Help Desk and Project Management responsibilities at our Headquarters Office in Bedford, Texas.
This position is designed for someone that is organized, strategic, focused, diligent, detail oriented and resourceful. Must have previous professional IT experience. Additionally, this position supports all employees at Daystar, troubleshoot and resolve software, hardware, and networking technical issues by analyzing, identifying, and diagnosing faults and symptoms using established processes and procedures.
Other responsibilities include software installation, drive mapping, troubleshooting applications, VPN connectivity, remote connections, project management. Act as a liaison between production team and our video on demand application. Help support our mobile applications, TV apps and live stream applications.
This is an excellent opportunity to grow your IT skill, make a positive impact and directly help the growth and success of an established Christian ministry.
- Assist in overseeing and managing the TV Apps, Mobile Apps, Livestream and Video On Demand content library.
- Receive requests for service via the Help Desk phone line, or email ticketing system and respond based on our internal SLA
- Troubleshoot software and hardware issues via phone, email, remote, and in person
- Document all cases efficiently in our ticketing system
- Train users in the use of equipment and software
- Escalate tickets to appropriate support staff
- Follow up with end users frequently on all open tickets
- Report and process users feedback and product requests
- Perform equipment installations, repairs, moves, and network hook-ups when necessary
- Setup and install all software required by the user/department
- Assist users with mobile device setup, including email and WiFi access
- Install, troubleshoot, and repair Apple devices such as iMacs, MacBooks and MacPros
- Participate in 24/7 On-Call rotation schedule with other members of the Help Desk team
- Setup new users, reset passwords, and manage group membership within an Active Directory environment
- Assist in keeping track of all IT assets via a shared IT inventory system
- Assist in keeping all user systems up to date via OS and software updates
- Communicates with vendors to get quotes for new system purchases and repairs
- Assist in maintaining all Printers/Scanners in the building, including toner supply and level one troubleshooting
- Work collaboratively with the System and Network Administrators providing all necessary support and feedback.
- Organized, strategic, focused, and clear communicator
- Proficient experience working with both Windows 7, 10, and iOS and Mac OS
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office products on both Mac and Windows
- Knowledge of standard TCP/IP networking and network troubleshooting
- Knowledge of users, groups, and how to apply security permissions using them for access to systems, directories, and file shares
- Understanding of computer Hardware rolls and functions
- Experience with cloud-based applications such as Trello and Office365.
- Comfortable installing and performing basic functions on a network printer/scanner
- Ability to work in a team environment and present good communication skills for dealing with users and colleagues
- Show reliability by meeting deadlines, delivering tasks, and overcommunicating any obstacles along the way
- Teamwork and positive attitude
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or combination of technical certification, or equivalent proven work experience required.
- Working knowledge of fundamental operations of Windows, Office, Apple devices, Android, and other new technologies
- Mobile device experience
- Remote/VPN technology experience preferred
- Related experience or training in troubleshooting and providing Help Desk support
- Project management experience preferred
Please apply online at ww.daystar.com. You can send a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.