The Director of Human Resources (DHR) attends to East-West’s greatest and most strategic asset: its people. East-West is seeking an experienced and collaborative HR leader who will champion a high-performance, service-oriented, collaborative culture so East-West can advance its vision and mission around the world.
Our ideal Director of Human Resources will:
- Be a leader that champions culture.
- Pursue excellence.
- Believe in and own the vision, mission, and values of East-West.
- Have a strong desire to see East-West staff grow and flourish.
- Pursue relationships throughout the organization.
- Have a mindset of getting to “yes.”
- Have the ability and desire to enhance the function and operation of the Human
- Resource team.
A Day in the Life of the Director of Human Resources
- Lead in a way that disciples employees and direct reports by emulating Jesus.
- Steward East-West staff, donations, and assets as well as ensure operational support is of the highest level.
- Provide leadership and management to employee development and relations, including annual performance planning reviews, employee development plans, employment law compliance, and employee onboarding.
- Provide support to the Executive Leadership Team by meeting on a regular and as-needed basis to provide counsel, promote areas of importance, and provide viewpoints from staff.
- Provide oversight to employment policies, procedures, and the Employee Handbook.
- Oversee employee compensation and provide leadership and oversight to the entire staff benefits process.
- Create and deliver leadership development and training, and provide counsel and training for ministry leaders/management staff.
- Collaborate with senior leaders—including Recruiting, Member Care, Field Leadership, and Executive Leadership—to accomplish organizational goals.
The Qualifications of the Director of Human Resources
- Uphold a close and growing relationship with Jesus Christ, demonstrating a healthy, growing spiritual life
- Bachelor’s degree required
- A minimum of seven years in a senior HR role required
- Talent management, succession planning, benefits, terminations, corrective action, and personnel issue experience
- Cultural competency and awareness, working with a diverse and global workforce
- SPHR highly preferred but not required (PHR required or equivalent experience required)
- Experience within a nonprofit organization and/or mission-sending organization highly preferred
- Experience in collaborating with senior leaders
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with solid organization, process, and planning skills
- Knowledge of standard employment law is a must
- Two years minimum of management experience
- Global HR experience is a plus
Key Job Logistics
- Reports to: Executive Vice President of Operations
- Direct reports: HR Generalist, Compensation and Benefits Administrator, Provisional Staff Care Specialist, and Women’s Connection Coordinator
- Location: East-West Offices in Plano, Texas
This full-time position is eligible for employer-paid benefits, which include medical, dental, health savings account, and life insurance packages. East-West also offers a 401(k) match as wells as paid vacation, paid sick time, paid time off for a mission trip, and an all-inclusive, organization-wide conference every four years.
Visit www.eastwest.org/humanresources to learn more about the position and to start your application.