East-West is looking for an experienced and like-minded individual to lead the Human Resources team. The Director of Human Resources attends to East-West’s greatest and most strategic asset: its people. This leadership role will champion a high-performance and service-oriented culture so East-West can advance its vision and mission around the world.
The director will oversee, direct, and carry out Human Resource activities by relying on Biblical principles, experience and, judgment to accomplish our ministry goals.
This is a full-time, salaried position with full benefits including employer-paid healthcare, 401k match, PTO, and more! This position reports to the Executive Vice President of Operations and is located in the Plano, TX headquarters.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Provide leadership and management to employee development and relations, including annual performance planning reviews, employee development plans, and employment law compliance
- Provide oversight to employment policies, procedures, and the Employee Handbook
- Oversee the onboarding of new staff, including the preparation and approval for deploying missionaries
- Oversee employee compensation and provide leadership and oversight to the entire staff benefits process
- Create and deliver leadership development and training, provide council and training for leaders and staff, and ensure HR involvement at all stages of change in an employee’s work
- Collaborate with senior leaders – including Recruiting, Member Care, Field Leadership, and Executive Leadership – to accomplish organizational goals
- A minimum of five years in a senior HR role required
- Uphold a close and growing relationship with Jesus Christ
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university required, preferably with a Human Resources major
- Talent management and succession planning experience
- Cultural competency and awareness, working with a diverse and global workforce
- SPHR or SHRM-SCP preferred (PHR or SHRM-CP required) or five years of equivalent HR experience
- Experience within a nonprofit organization highly preferred
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with solid organization, process, and planning skills
- Knowledge of standard employment law is a must
- Management experience
- Global HR experience a plus
East-West Employee Culture
Our team members are passionate about Jesus, grace, bold action, and taking the gospel to the spiritually darkest places. We have one consuming passion: to make God known among every nation, every tribe, every tongue, and every people. We strive to uphold the highest standards of behavior, which include integrity, trustworthiness, theological alignment, a healthy work/life balance, care for others, a servant spirit, competency in difficult conversations, a desire to see results, diligence, respect, and humility.
All East-West Ministries International employees will maintain a firm commitment to East-West’s vision, mission, values, Statement of Faith, and beliefs as well as display a growing and mature faith in Jesus Christ.