The Director of Communications and Marketing supports the mission of our school by planning and implementing the school’s strategy and approach to branding, social media, marketing, communications, and parent and community relations. The Director will report to the President.
Status: Full-Time / Exempt / 12-month
- Provide consultation to the President and administration to identify marketing priorities and goals.
- Create and maintain highly productive and collaborative relationships with the advancement team, administration and other directors.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with internal and external constituents of Grapevine Faith to include Faith families, staff, vendors, and media while fostering a culture motivated to “share the story” of our school’s impact.
- Lead and manage in the areas of marketing and brand strategy, web communications and management, media relations and public information including crisis communications. Establish and maintain guidelines for these areas across all departments, activities and events at the school.
- Manage social media content and digital advertising including, but not limited to, LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram while monitoring and supporting athletics’ social media platforms.
- Manage creative services by designing and updating printed collateral, event branding and additional creative work as needed.
- Oversee and implement the creation of marketing, advertising, and communications that grow enrollment inquiries, promote student retention, and advance generous giving in collaboration with the advancement team.
- Identify marketing and promotional opportunities that will position Grapevine Faith for greater media visibility.
- Develop innovative ways to make the school’s website a key marketing tool for conveying the Grapevine Faith mission and vision.
- Ensure and distribute compelling, relevant and timely content that features faculty, student and alumni accomplishments and showcases the school in new and interesting means through various media and communications platforms to advance student recruitment, constituent engagement and increase charitable support.
- Manage the operating budget of marketing and communications to maximize effectiveness.
- Monitor competitor strategies and marketing activities.
- Handle sensitive and/or confidential documents and information where judgment and discretion are essential.
- Maintain and uphold the religious standards of Faith Christian School to include the Lifestyle Statement, Staff Covenant and Statement of Faith.
- Responsible to disciple, instruct and actively pray for the students on our campus.
- Responsible to reinforce a Biblical Worldview in every workplace interaction with both students, staff and faculty.
- Other duties as assigned that are closely related.
- Must possess and model a personal authentic relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Must have a high level of discernment and wisdom, and the ability to manage confidential information.
- Must be a self starter and willing and eager to learn key components of marketing software that are yet unknown.
- Ability to work independently and make decisions in accordance with the President and Board’s expectations, established school policies and procedures, and the school mission and core values.
- Demonstrated knowledge of brand development and current marketing and communications trends including new media channels.
- Ability to plan, set priorities, and implement work in a disciplined manner to keep multiple projects progressing to completion simultaneously with minimal direction.
- Ability to create, maximize, manage, and oversee budgets.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or similar area of study with at least 6-8 years of experience in this field. Master’s degree preferred. Experience in nonprofit, education or ministry is a plus.
- Crisis communication background is preferred.
- Established media and/or influencer relationships is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and relational skills and an excellent presenter.
- Strong design skills and desktop publishing and experience with the print process and web-publishing process.
- Excellent technology skills including social networking, web-based technologies and the ability to adapt to new technology.
Please visit our website at https://www.grapevinefaith.com/about-faith/careers to apply.