First Liberty Institute is the largest legal organization in the nation dedicated exclusively to protecting religious freedom for all Americans. We believe that true religious liberty means recognizing the fundamental right of every individual—including all ages, races, genders, and faiths—to follow their conscience and to live according to their beliefs. Founded in 1997 and based in Plano, Texas, our legal team partners with elite volunteer attorneys across the country to secure religious freedom, from local matters to the Supreme Court, at no cost to our clients. For more information, please visit www.FirstLiberty.org.
The Creative Director is responsible for implementing the strategic marketing direction for First Liberty Institute working in conjunction with the Chief Marketing Officer that are integrated into and aligned with the organization’s vision and legal mission. The Creative Director will be responsible for producing innovative ideas and tactics that will maximize the brand’s market penetration and further establish First Liberty Institute as the “first call” place for people looking to donate, or to seek help, or to gather information on religious liberty. This will include comprehensive marketing initiatives, including fully developed social media exploitation.
- Leads a small team of marketing professionals to develop fully integrated brand strategies that are aligned to support First Liberty Institute’s vision and legal mission
- Implements a functional marketing design that will promote the First Liberty Institute brand throughout the United States
- Leads the team in support of multi-channel marketing plans and initiatives, including the digital and traditional media spaces
- Ensures social media tactics are optimized, make a measurable impact, and are consistent with overall marketing and brand strategy
- Works closely with the Senior Management Team to build and execute external marketing/branding plans, as well as internal communication efforts to ensure quality control, content compliance, and brand consistency
- Exercises operational control of all collateral marketing materials, ensuring the freshness of their content
- Proactively coordinates with our Legal, Development, Events and Communications Teams to ensure content accuracy, responsiveness, and brand consistency, including development of a library of video content
- Manage website design, redesign and content
- Copywrite, copy edit and proofread
- Manage freelancers
- Manage/Coordinate with direct mail contractors
- Create marketing and legal videos from concept to productions
- Works closely with our Legal staff to coordinate preparation and release of all external media interactions, including press releases and interviews
- BBA in Marketing or MBA with emphasis in Marketing and/or Marketing Research highly desired but willing to consider experience. Emphasis areas in Mass Communications (including e-commerce and B-2-B) or Brand Management a plus.
- 5+ years of leadership experience in a marketing/brand role, with a proven track record.
- Experience working in the non-profit arena highly desirable, but not mandatory.
- Experience working with attorneys desirable, but not mandatory.
- Views marketing/branding role with a ministry passion and is able to articulate the mission and vision of First Liberty Institute.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including those with independent contractors.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel and Powerpoint and other graphics and presentation software.
- Practical use of marketing research databases and general internet search methods
- Knowledge of website management/development and familiarity with SEO strategies
- Displays superior interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Works well dealing with teams in a flat organization, including legal staff.
- Strong negotiating skills and capable problem solver
- Ability to work well under deadlines and meet the mental and physical demands of frequent time-sensitive projects and campaigns.
- Ability to handle security-sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to travel on short notice as needed
First Liberty Institute is an Equal Opportunity employer. Personnel are chosen on the basis of ability without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, disability or marital status, in accordance with federal and state law.
Please send resumes and writing samples to Lori Ross at email@example.com