Daystar is looking for an experienced Chef to manage and direct our Café/Bookstore at our Headquarters in Bedford, Texas.
Manage and maintain day to day operations of the Café/Bookstore. The Chef-Café Manager position requires the ability to handle multiple priorities, keen leadership, chef-uniqueness, motivational skills, and excellent customer service. Work involves extensive contact with customers and vendors. Performs a variety of functions which includes but not all inclusive:
Must be able to perform the job duties listed below as they reflect and are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform this job successfully. Comply with Health Department guidelines (training and certification is required).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Chef-Uniqueness, creative, represent the organization.
- Work experience as an experiences Chef including managing a Café.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of job duties and KSA’s.
- Knowledgeable of Food and Safety Regulations. Must have Food Handlers License.
- Must be able to use knife/kitchen equipment properly.
- Leadership Experience with four (4) direct reports
- Ability to address complaints and resolve conflicts professionally.
- Train employees on drinks preparation and proper use of equipment.
- Coordinate with vendors and order supplies. Reporting task (daily and monthly).
- Maintain updated records of daily, weekly, and monthly revenues and expenses.
- Local travel to purchase grocery, etc.
- Work additional hours during events (Christmas Lights, etc.)
- Must be a Christian who is personally committed to the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Purchase all Café inventory:
- Ben E Keith
- Hardies Fresh Foods
- Order office supplies from Purchasing Department.
- Work with Purchasing Department for approvals and PO numbers
- Work with Accounting Department for Monthly expense reports and House Account reports
- Handle opening and closing procedures.
- Develop weekly menu and specials for breakfast and lunch.
- Request photo shoots for menu pictures to Marketing Department
- Comply with Health Department Requirements
- Inspect refrigerators and shelves weekly.
- Maintain expiration dates log.
- Edit website daily.
- Send email to all employees regarding specials.
- Schedule maintenance for espresso machine twice a year
- Schedule grease trap cleaning three times a year
- Coordinate Christmas Lights event during the month of December
- Open the café in the evenings from 6 to 10 pm
- Hire additional employees and manage shifts.
- Order supplies to sell hot chocolate and cookies.
- Coordinate with Marketing for menu photoshoot and menu graphics
- Create special sales for Mother’s and Father’s Day, seasonal specials, etc.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Take phone orders for books, bibles, music, etc. and ship the same day
- Handle guest’s special requests and food orders
- Handle Joni’s product requests for partners in a timely manner
- Prioritize food and drink orders for the Lamb family.
- Submit monthly sales reports to accounting.
- Ensure food is properly labeled and expiration dates visible and marked.
- Pass our Health Department inspection twice a year. Always be prepared to get inspected.
- Create shopping lists and update them as menu needs change.
Education and Experience:
- Associate Degree or equivalent from a two-year college
- Food Handlers License required.
- Experience as a Chef, leadership competency.
- Two-three years of related experience and/or training in Retail Management or combination of both. Stay Informed and awareness of culinary trends.
- Chef experience required. Managing Café, Coffee Shop, and Retail is required.
- Comply with the Health Department Guidelines (training and certification is required).
Please apply online at www.daystar.com. You can send your resume to email@example.com